Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Loss of hope, ready to start again?

It's almost August...Still no word from schools. I'm guessing I'm out of the running for the Class of 2017. I knew my chances where slim when I didn't hear any offers in December 2012, but I still held on to that small chance that I could get in this year and left the country to find myself and discover, once again, if this is what I wanted to do.

While I have reassured myself that I want to become a dentist, I have found myself in a rut that will set me back another two years. Even then, I can't guarantee myself a spot in a dental school, anywhere.

Obviously, I have not applied in this cycle. I don't think I can...I would if I could, but I have no personal statement, no letter writers, and not a lot to hold up a new app. But I am preparing myself, mentally, to apply again in June 2014.

If I don't get in this year, please give me the strength to withstand the family members and friends who question my decisions and ask why I am not doing anything for my future. I have finally got my mind on straight and am not ready to face interrogation of people who will only bring me down.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, especially in what you deleted. It's encouraging! I actually just returned from a six-month journey traveling and found myself coming back to dentistry... :)

      Delete